FO: Swallowtail



This is my completed Swallowtail Shawl.  Made of Malabrigo Lace in Purple Mystery.  Pattern here (opens as PDF) ,yarn here.


I am crazy about the Malabrigo.  It is mad soft.  I did have a slight issue with the colors; I worked from two different balls and even though they're from the same dye lot there is a noticeable difference between the two.  The first skein is pretty much solid, and the second is lighter and has more variegation.  The dark part is pretty solid and rests up against my neck when I wear it, so it's not hugely noticeable.

As for the pattern, I wish it was just a hair wider along the top edge.  It tends to slip off my shoulders when I wear it unless I put a pin in.  Otherwise, the lace is pretty, and has enough variety to it that I don't feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over for ages.

If I never knit another nupp again it'll be too soon.  Little buggers completely throw off my groove on the purl side.




Overall, pretty, soft, warm, fun to wear.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment