Fiber Friday

Today I'm talking about The Sheep Shed Studio, a company located in Wyoming.

The Sheep Shed team buys unspun fiber from Brown Sheep and processes it to re-sell. They offer mill ends (imperfect rowing requiring a little more work by the spinner) and "grab bags" of fiber (smaller pieces of roving, batts, etc), as well as regular high-quality rovings.

The mill ends come sorted by color, "brown tones", "black tones", "blue tones", or "Whites". You order by the pound.

The rovings come in a wide assortment of colors, and Carol also hand-dyes some of the rovings into beautiful variegated colorways. These cost a little more, but are worth it if you don't know how to dye yourself and still want a gorgeous, hand-painted yarn.

I placed an order for two pounds of white mill ends (only $25 including postage/handling!) yesterday morning, and received a confirmation by 8 PM, saying that my order is going to be packaged and shipped by Monday. So far I'm very impressed by the professionalism and quality of service.

I'll give you another update when I get my order!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment